Laminate | Maintenance
- Place doormats or walk-off mats at each entryway to collect excessive moisture and dirt.
- Sweep, dust-mop or vacuum (without a beater bar) your floor to remove loose dirt and grit.
- Periodically use a damp mop to restore your floors shine.
- Purchase a laminate cleaner specifically made by the manufacturer for your particular floor.
- After damp mopping, use a clean, dry cloth to soak up excess moisture.
- Use floor protectors on the bottom of your furniture and when moving furniture, lift rather than drag it across your floor.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder.
- Never use soap-based detergents or “mop and shine” products.
- Never flood your laminate floor with water or cleaners.
- Never attempt to sand or refinish your laminate floor.